Bonjour! Ca Va?
- Bonjour! Ca va?
- Understand classroom instructions.
- Know how to greet people.
- Respond to 'Ca va?' using different ways of saying how I am.
- Recite number 1-30 in French.
- Begin to speak confidently in French.
- Ask how old my friend is in French.
- Say the months of the Year in French.
- Create a Christmas card in French.
- Joyeux anniversaire - days of the weeks and months.
- Dans mon sac - what is in my school bag and indefinite articles
- Ma salle de classe - Describe my classroom and understand genders of word with le/la/les - un/une des
- J'adore le judo - say what I like and dislike and talk about my hobbies
Ma famille et mes animaux
- Recognise and understand vocabulary for family members.
- Talk about what pets we have at home.
- Say what animals we like or dislike.
- Present our pets to the class using a PowerPoint or project.
- Understand someone talking about themselves, their family and their pets.
- Say/remember the days of the week in French.
- Recognise school subjects in French.
- Recreate my school timetable in French.
- Say what lessons I like or dislike.
- Say where I live (city/town)
- Say which country I live in.
- Be aware that there are many other countries where French is spoken - Francophonie.
- Recognise masculine, feminine and plural words.
- Demonstrate more confidence talking French in a French accent.
- Talk about my likes and dislikes.
- Talk about my survival kit and use the verb AVOIR.
- Describe myself and other people physically.
- Talk about school subject and give opinions and reasons.
- Describe my timetable and describe my school day.
Mes passse temps
- Talk about what I do online.
- Talk about sports using JOUER – FAIRE
- Practice ER verbs in the present tense. (je-tu-il)
- Recognise some time phrases/ frequency phrases in the present tense.
- Talk about sports and weather using QUAND.
- Use opinions and sports. (opinion verbs + infinitives)
- Say what shops there are in my town.
- Make a map describing my town.
- Use “IL Y A” to say what is in your town.
- Give directions in French.
- Say what you can do in town – use ON PEUT + infinitive (modal verb)
- Talk about where I go on holidays and frequency adverbs
- Revise countries in French
- Talk about my ideal holiday destination and use the conditional
- Buy drinks and snacks – AU CAFÉ
- Revise numbers 1-30
- Talk about animals
- Write a poem
- Describe a painting
- Talk about TV programmes and films.
- Use the present tense and understand endings of verbs in the present tense.
- Talk about the internet.
- Give opinions on films/tv/books.
Paris je t’adore
- Say what did in Paris.
- Use the perfect tense with AVOIR (regular and irregular).
- Say when I did things.
- Say where I went.
- Recognise 2 tenses (present and past)
- Talk about my personality and my friends personalities using the verb ETRE (QUALITES ET DEFAUTS).
- Talk about relationships (REFLEXIVE VERBS).
- Talk about clothes and fashion.
- Talk about the weather and what I wear.
Chez moi, chez toi
- Talk about where I live – use of COMPARATIVES.
- Describe my home and what rooms/furniture we have in the house.
- USE IL Y A/ IL N’Y A PAS DE
- Introduce breakfast items using BOIRE ET PRENDRE. (Use of time phrases and some varied negatives “ne….rein”).
- Talk about what we must buy at the supermarket (IL FAUT ACHETER…)+QUANTITIES.
- Talk about my talents and ambitions.
- Encourage or persuade someone.
- Understand the imperative.
- Use the superlative to describe someone’s qualities (consolidation of Spring 1 voab)
- BIOGRAPHIE/ TALENT SHOW project
- World geo/ French speaking countries.
- The French revolution.
- Revise 3 tenses
Bien dans sap eau
- Recognise parts of the body in French.
- Talk about sports I like to play/do.
- Learn about healthy eating.
- Make plans to get fit.
ma vie d’ado
- Talk about social medias.
- Talk about future plans.
- Talk about music opinions.
- Understand the present tense.
- Practise the near future.
- Know common jobs. Gender agreements
- Give our OPINIONS on JOBS.
- Use the CONDITIONAL TENSE about my ideal job.
- Write an extended paragraph.
- Understand the importance of languages when looking for a job. (Job opportunities and languages).
- Use of authentic material.
- Discuss holidays and use basic questions.
- Talk about what items I take in my suitcase.
- Talk about my daily routine using reflexive verbs.
- Talk about a past holiday – PAST TENSE
- Talk about Tourist attraction
Moi dans le monde
- Talk about what I am allowed to do.
- Talk about what is important to me.
- Talk about things I buy.
- Describe a picture.
- Take part in a role play.
- Use 3 tenses.