Skip to content ↓

St John's C of E Middle School Academy

School Admissions

If you live in Worcestershire and your child is due to start school in Reception or to transfer from First to Middle school or Primary/Middle to High school, then you must apply to Worcestershire County Council for his or her school place.

How do I apply?

  • Apply online at
  • You will need an email address
  • You will be sent an email to acknowledge receipt of your submitted application
  • If you do not have access to the internet, you can get online at any Worcestershire library.
  • Join the Library and use your Library card to get one hour internet access free each day.
  • Training on "How to get online" is available free to all Worcestershire Library members.

Or telephone School Admissions on 01905 822700 if you need assistance.

Parents of children resident outside Worcestershire

If you wish to apply for a place at any Worcestershire school, you must complete an application provided by your 'home' LA. (The 'home' LA is defined as the Local Authority relevant to the child's home address). The 'home' LA will ensure that the application details are passed onto Worcestershire LA for consideration in the allocation of school places.

If you are not resident in Worcestershire, then you should obtain admission details from your home LA, even if your preferences include schools within Worcestershire.

If applying after the closing date deadline, you will need to visit or telephone: 01905 766524 to request a Late application form.

N.B. Places in schools are allocated on the basis of applications made online on or before the closing date. Therefore, it is very important that you apply by the closing date as applications received after the deadline may be classed as late and you may be unsuccessful, even if you have a child there already or live very close to the school.  You are advised to refer to the Admissions and Transfers to Schools Information for Parents book at for full details.