Uniform & Equipment
As a school, we feel it is important that we maintain high standards in uniform as children wear their uniform to show they are a part of St John’s Middle School. Children will receive consequences in line with our Behaviour Policy should they attend school without the correct uniform, which in term will affect their booster points at the end of each half term.
All uniform may be purchased as follows:
- at S & H Schoolwear and Sports, Church Street, Bromsgrove. Telephone number 01527 874885—all items
- Second hand uniform is available to purchase, depending on stock levels, on the last two days of each half term from 3pm-3.45pm from the school office. The uniform will be sold for a small fee
|Knee length Tartan school skirt or black tailored trousers not fashion styles or hipsters.
Must be purchased from the above retailers
|Black tailored trousers|
|Red school “V” necked jumper with school logo||Red school “V” necked jumper with school logo|
|White school shirt with clip on tartan tie.||White school shirt with clip on tartan tie|
|Black socks with trousers, black socks or black tights with skirts||Black socks|
|Black leather shoes. No logos, heels, boots, canvas and no trainer style shoes||Black leather shoes. No logos, heels, boots, canvas and no trainer style shoes|
Black School Blazer
Black School Blazer
- Long hair must be tied back for P.E, Food Technology, Design Technology and practical science lessons.
- A watch and one pair of stud earrings (if ears are pierced) are the only items of jewellry which may be worn. Only one small, plain gold or silver-coloured stud (no jewels) may be worn in each ear lobe. No other body-piercing is permitted including nose studs. Earrings MUST be gold/silver plain studs.
- Strictly no make-up or nail varnish.
- Bags should be rucksack or satchel type, appropriate for carrying A4-sized books and other essential equipment.
- Hair – should be natural colours only, brightly-dyed/multi-tonal hair is not permitted. Heads must not be shaved, no tramlines or patterns shaved into hair and no shaved lines in eyebrows.
|Black and red skort||Black and red shorts|
|Black and red polo shirt with school badge||Black and red polo shirt with school badge|
|Black and red rugby shirt (optional)|
|Long black sports socks||Long black sports socks|
|Sports Trainers (not high fashion or expensive)|
|Red hooded jumper with school badge (optional)||Red hooded jumper with school badge (optional)|
It is optional for pupils, therefore, they can still wear their winter uniform if they prefer.
This will consist of:
Girls an open neck short sleeve white blouse (not polo shirt) without a tie.
Boys a short sleeved white shirt (not polo shirt) with a tie.
Black tailored shorts can also be worn as an alternative to trousers (boys and girls)
One exception to the Summer Uniform will be when pupils are required to wear full uniform for events such as Prize Giving and School Photographs.