Working closely with the University of Worcester, St John’s is proud to celebrate the commitment that our pupils put into extra-curricular activities through being at Children’s University.
Children’s University is a charity that works in partnership with schools to develop a love of learning in children. We do this by encouraging and celebrating participation in extra-curricular activities in and outside of school. The impact of these activities is proven to be positive which is why we are committed to creating a level playing field of opportunity and opening up access to children of all backgrounds. Pupils earn a stamp per hour in their Passport for Learning for each of their extra-curricular activities, accumulating to Bronze (30 stamps), Silver (65 stamps) and Gold (100 stamps) awards at their graduation ceremony.
For every child that takes part in Children’s University, we want the following outcomes:
- They feel they have grown in confidence and self-belief
- They have enjoyed new experiences, in new places and want to keep exploring
- They believe they have a broader range of essential skills
- They feel empowered to make positive choices about their future
- They see that learning is fun, aspirational and lifelong
- They feel their eyes have been opened to a multiplicity of learning activities and opportunities
- They feel celebrated for their commitment to learning by their family, school and community
With the wide range of extra-curricular activities accredited by Children’s University at St John’s and in the wider community, pupils are spoilt for choice in trying out new skills and experiences whilst also developing their confidence in hobbies they already love. If you currently take part in an extra-curricular activity which is not currently validated by Children’s University, let us know so we can ensure that it is!
For more information about Children’s University at St. John’s, please contact Miss Kelly.
Worcestershire CU Newsletter